Where do I report a claim?

You can report a claim 24 hours a day,  7 days a week by choosing one of the following:

What happens after the claim has been reported?

How will this loss affect your premium?

Insurance rates don’t always increase after a claim.  However, every situation is different.  If you have any concerns, please contact your local agent.

Auto Claims FAQs

Does Germania have any preferred service facilities?

Yes. Germania has Premier Service Facilities that are near you to handle your repairs in a fast and efficient manner.  The repairs are guaranteed for as long as you own the vehicle.   Click here to find a repair facility near you.

If you have a loss or damage to your home, you may choose any contractor you like to complete your repairs.

What to do at the scene of an accident?

What information do I exchange at the scene of the accident?

When can I expect the appraiser to contact me for my inspection. 

Typically, the turn-around time is 24–48 business hours.

To whom do I pay my deductible?

It will be the insured’s responsibility to pay the shop their deductible.

What if the initial check is not enough to repair my vehicle?

The shop will need to submit documentation to the appraiser for any additional damage found.

 When can I get a rental car? 

Property Claims FAQs

How do I file a claim?

You can report your claim online or call 877-Germania (877-437-6264)

 What do I need to report a claim?

What actions do I need to take before filing a claim?

After I report my claim, what can I expect from the claims process?

Our adjuster will contact you to set a date and time to complete an inspection. However, during catastrophic events, it might take longer for an inspection to be scheduled.

How long will it take to settle my claim?

We are truly proud of our response time.  Our claims adjusters are equipped with laptop computers and in most cases we are able to issue a check the day the adjuster reviews your loss.

My home is unlivable; can I stay at a hotel?

Our policy provides additional living expense coverage.  These costs can include food, temp housing and animal boarding that is above normal living expenses. You will need to keep copies of all your receipts and invoices to support these additional costs.  Please check your policy or ask your adjuster for more details.

How long do I need to keep damaged items around?

Ask your adjuster before discarding any damaged items.

Will my mortgagee be listed on my check?

Your mortgagee has a financial interest in the property, so they will be included as a payee on your check. It would be a good idea to contact your mortgagee, inform them of the claim and ask what their procedures are.

Do I need to hire my own contractor?

Yes, you will need to hire your own contractor to complete the necessary repairs. Our adjuster will make an inspection, complete an estimate and payment will be issued to you.

My contractor says it will cost more than the adjuster estimated. What do I do?

Your contractor will need to submit documentation to the adjuster for review.  He may need to conduct a re-inspection.